- Grant requests will be considered only from tax-exempt organizations described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 and classified as other than a private foundation within the meaning of Section 509(a) of the Code, or from a qualified public entity described in Section 170 of the Code.
- An organization is limited to one application per calendar year.
- Grant requests are limited to educational, health, human service and cultural programs and projects that serve the people of Texas.
- Grants for human services and cultural organizations are limited to the Fort Worth area.
The Foundation does not provide:
- Grants to individuals.
- Support for school trips, testimonial dinners, fundraisers, or marketing events.
No standard application form is required.
- For new Applicants, the Foundation requires a preliminary inquiry before the submittal of a formal application. The purpose of the preliminary letter is to determine the eligibility of the Applicant and the project. The preliminary letter should include a brief description of the Applicant organization and the project for which funding is sought, and a copy of the IRS determination letter.
- Based on its review of the preliminary inquiry, the Foundation will notify the Applicant whether or not the proposal meets the basic eligibility guidelines for further consideration. If the proposal meets the guidelines, the Applicant may either complete the application form or provide a letter based on the information requested in the form. The Grant Application may be submitted either online or on paper. The Applicant must include the Required Information listed below and may provide additional information on special aspects of the project or program.
Previous Grant Recipients
Previous grant recipients may either complete the application form or provide a letter based on the information requested in the form. The Grant Application may be submitted either online or on paper. The Applicant must include the Required Information listed below and may provide additional information on special aspects of the project or program.
Applicant must furnish the following information for its request to be considered
- Copy of the latest verification of Applicant’s status as a tax-exempt organization from the IRS or its status as a qualified public entity
- Audited Financials (most recent year)
- Current Program/Project Budget
- Current Income Statement
- Current List of Board Members (including email addresses)
- Email address for Executive Director and/or Development Director
Required Information for Performing Arts Organizations
For applicant's last year/season, we need the following information
- How many different plays/shows were performed?
- How many performances of each play/show did you put on?
- What was your annual patron attendance for the season?
Applications must be received no later than January 15.
The Directors hold one meeting in the spring of each year to consider grant proposals for that year.
After the board meeting, decisions on all requests will be reported by mail. Applicants whose proposals have been approved will receive a Letter of Agreement outlining the terms and conditions of the grant.
After an authorized organization official has signed and returned the letter to the Foundation office, thereby indicating acceptance of the terms and conditions, a schedule of grant payments will be established.
Not All Projects Can Be Funded
The Board of Directors has responsibility for the final approval of each grant. Since the Foundation receives funding requests far in excess of its ability to fund, only a small portion of requests can be approved. A decision not to fund a proposal does not reflect on the merits of the Applicant or the value of the proposal.
No Commemorative Gifts, Please
The Foundation desires that all resources of any Grantee be dedicated to accomplishing its philanthropic purposes. Accordingly, the Foundation requests that the Grantee not recognize the Foundation, its board members, or staff with any commemorative gifts.
Preliminary inquiries should be addressed to:
Mr. Pete Geren
President and Chief Executive Officer
Sid W. Richardson Foundation
309 Main Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102